1.03.2015

Not The Dress But THE DRESS: Halter Dress From The Diva Exchange



With me embarking on a new journey in my life I thought I should update my wardrobe a tad (any reason to shop am I right?). There's this shop I follow on instagram called the diva exchange. They had this dress I've been eye sexing since June but I didn't want to pay 60 for it. It's a beautiful dress, I just refuse to pay more than 45 dollars from a shop on instagram. 

Nothing personal but they're usually not reputable stores, and the quality usually isn't worth 60. But after Christmas the holiest day of the year when we give thanks for the holiday sales and Christmas money. The diva exchange was having a 50% off sale (score) and the dress had been marked down from 60 to 30 (score!) I ended up only paying 17 dollars for it after shipping & handling.



It did take a while to ship out, the website was down for a brief period. I sent the owner an email after a few days without receiving my tracking number. She was very fast I received a reply the next day as well as a tracking number and my package was shipped. Now on to the dress. No idea why I needed it but I did. It embodies the sleek slim and sporty look. The halter neckline is great for elongation of the torso, it's also backless so there's a tasteful amount of skin showing.


So I got the dress, and immediately put it on. It looked extra big for a medium but you never really know how it looks until you put it on. The fit was OK, since I'm a little bigger in the hips it was perfect, the top however was the tricky part. Since you can't wear a bra with it your girls have to be sitting right unless you want an unexpected nipple slip.


 And if you're a girl with some girls you don't exactly want them flying everywhere. I'm going to go get it tailored with the top half a little tighter and shorten the hem so it hits right at my knee. I absolutely love the dress so putting a little work into it will be worth it. Also I was surprised with the material, it was actually a decent quality. I didn't have high hopes because it was a shop from instagram and usually they're on the cheap side. But this dress was definitely worth 60 dollars, to bad I only paid 17 dollars for it. Lol winning! (do people still say that?)

No comments:

Post a Comment