8.05.2015

The Beginning of The End


It started out as a perfect day, my first day at my new internship at the PR firm of Janice Peterson. She was the owner of one of the biggest agencies in the business, and I started working for her today! Internship or not I was way too excited. It was like the first day of middle after you hit puberty, I was hot and ready! I tried to remember what my roommate, Toni told me before I left.

"Walk like you own the place already, don't show fear!" She teased.

 She knew I was excited about my first real job. I wore my best outfit I could think of; wide legged trousers from express, loose button up with bold earrings. Chic and laid back with a pair of gold pointed toe pumps for good measure. I was ready.


The office itself was  beautiful, white marble floors with big glass doors and gold handles. You could see the receptionist standing behind the tall cherry wood desk messing with some paperwork.  I walked straight up to her and with put so much as a hesitation I tapped on the desk. She looked at me and straightened up, as if I were more than just an intern.


"I'm here to see Janice, I'm the new intern" I said in my most perfessional voice.

She relaxed a little and let out a big sigh, as if to say 'Oh its just you'. "Hi, I'm Talia " she said with a smile, " follow me I'll show you to the others." She said coming from around the desk while handing me a folder. As we walked down the hallway she gave me the run down of what I would be doing. "Basically, your job is busy work. You know running errands, waiting at the door, sending out invitations. Really it's someone's job but, if they don't want to do it. That means it's your job." She said as she opened up the door. I walked inside to see a room of 5 other people 2  boys and 3 girls. " Welcome to the snake pit." Talia said shutting the door behind me.


What did I just get myself into?

Read The Next Episode 

No comments:

Post a Comment