7.23.2015

The Keys To Flawless Skin: Post-Party Skincare Routine



There's nothing quite like waking up hungover with a face full of makeup and half naked to get you thinking about what you're doing with your life. There's a lot of questions that need to be answered like "Where's my pants?" "When did I get home and how?" "How did I lose an eyelash? Just one...


Sunday I woke up, just like that.  Me and my girls celebrated us reuniting after a long work week of not being able to get together. I finally got a chance to wear my brand new high waisted jeans and GX by Gwen Stefani heels. I was freaking fierce, so of course we turned up. I don't even remember it. I just woke up the next days nauseated, head throbbing and my pants and shoe missing. My face was full of makeup left over from  the night before and my pillow looked like some weird Picasso painting. 

My face felt like I dunked it in oil, I'm talking about some serious clogged pores here. I just KNEW I'd be dealing with some serious acne soon. So of course it's time to purge. I always do a deep cleansing after a long night of partying, it's what I call the recovery phase. It's time to cleanse your skin of all the party sins and look like the little angel you are.

As you can see this process is nothing new for me. I've done enough binge drinking to shock an alcoholic and recovered my skin enough times to know what I'm doing. And I'm here to share my knowledge with you. So drink to the good times ladies! We're to young to be sober and let's purge our skin with these easy steps.

First Cleanse.

Drink water, lots of water. Lemon and water is always good but I prefer vinegar and water. I feel like that cleanses you a lot more and settles your stomach. The most important thing is you hydrate. The alcohol  (and whatever else) seriously dehydrates you and you need to plump back up so drink up..some water. It also flushes all those gross toxins out of your body so it helps your liver and digestive system. It's a win win .


Next, Wash and Strip.

Hopefully you've showered but you need to wash your face obviously.  I use my  make up wipes to remove the surface layer of make up. Then I wash my face with a gentle cleanser my favorite is Ole Hendricksen African Red Tea Foaming Cleanser. It's really gentle and removes all the impurities from the skin. After the cleanser exfoliate, with Kate Somerville 'Exfolikate'. It's a really good exfoliator withe peppermint that really wakes up the skin.

Mask-arade

After I exfoliate I follow up with a mask. Peter Thomas Roth has a sulfur mask that I'm obsessed with. I can feel it sucking the life out of my skin and it's amazing. My skin looks amazing after, always. I feel like this is the most important step because it gets out anything left over in the skin as well as perking up the skin.

Rinse.
Cleanse the skin one more time so there's nothing left behind. And I mean nothing.

Astringent
Just tone up the skin. My favorite is Sea Breeze I've been using it sense I was like 13. It just balances out the skin after all that cleansing we did.

Lastly moisturize with your favorite moisturizer.

I do this every time I pass out drunk in a face full of makeup which is why I try not to drink to the point where I forget to wash my face. I don't need to be doing this kind of intense cleaning hungover. Like the headache wasn't punishment enough!

9 comments:

  1. Great tips - I'm such a serial person for falling asleep with all my make up on it's so bad!! I love having a little pamper session when I'm feeling a bit ropey makes me feel so much better!!

    http://ruthyb1.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree, nothing beats a day of pampering ! Thanks for reading! ^_^

      Delete
  2. Brilliant tips! I always love to do a good face mask the day after I've been out, it really refreshes my skin xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes masks are the best! I feel so lux when I do them! Thanks for reading! 😊

      Delete
  3. Great tips. I totally agree. Since starting to drink more during a day my skin has improved and so has my general wealth being. I'm also obsessed with triple cleansing and a good mask (my faves at the moment are Dragon's Blood from Nip+Fab and black Glamglow).

    www.idorottka.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I love triple cleansing and the black glam glow! and I'll have to check out dragon's blood. I've heard that's really good for your skin. Thanks for reading ^_^

      Delete