7.27.2015

Free Drinks After 12


In my everlasting attempts to find a guy that is not just a fling. I agreed to go out with a guy who is not my type hoping for somewhat of a spark. I figured I keep going for the guys that I know I'm attracted to and not getting what I want, maybe just maybe, my right guy is hiding behind someone I wouldn't usually going for. This guy's name was Nathan. Nathan was a sweet geeky type who worked in a lab right outside of the city. He wasn't that cute, or charming, and I was taller than him in flats. But he was sweet and I figured why not give it a shot?



We met at the local watering hole know as Jane's, a college dive bar where UGGs are flaunted like Louboutin's. Everyone for some loved this place, and since this is where my "date"  was I was obligated to come here. Do I did. I walked up the stairs on to the deck of the bar and there he was in his khaki and orange glory. He stood about 5'4 and was all but thrilled to see me. 

You know when you start talking to someone and you realize you're not supposed to be here? Like you all of a sudden start wishing you weren't there and you were at home watching Netflix with your wheat thins and cream cheese? That's what I was thinking as soon as we sat down with our rum and coke. It was just us, sitting there answering the same questions over again.
"what do you do for fun? "
" what happened in your last relationship? "
" do you like your job? " etc... 


After the questions he kept going on like he was this big party king, even tho he was at the bar by himself on a Saturday night. After we finished the rum and coke, he offered to get us a shot of patron. Jokingly saying" you're going to take a double shot. " Clearly trying to get me drunk or at least tipsy enough to go home with him. But I'm not that same girl in college, I'm taking a double and you're not? I politely declined.

The bar at Jakes was slammed there were no seats and the bartenders where slinging bottles. So we left and went to Applebee's. On the drive over there I couldn't help but wonder why did I even agree to go to another spot? I'm not interested in this guy, and clearly he wants a notch on his belt. But if I can get free drinks out of it. Why not? 

We go to the bar and continuously hounds on about this double shot and how he has a bar back at his place. I'm sitting there thinking "No, no.  I just have to stay here long enough to not be rude." We get another drink and take a shot of patron. I figured I might as well let loose and have a little fun. Still no luck, even with my positive out look. As the night dwindled down I could tell he was getting liquored up. Finally the words I've been longing to here! "Let's get out of here."  I hopped up out my chair as he paid the bill and began searching for my keys.
As we walked out he started again about how he lived close as well as giving me directions to his house. So I did what any woman would do in this situation, I lied. I told him I had to work in the morning. Even though if I did have to work I wouldn't be out til 2 drinking. But he let it slide (what else would he going to do?) I gave him a hug goodbye and went on my merry way.


Turns out no matter if you stay with what you like or try something new. If the guy wants sex that's all he's aiming for. I don't care how horny I've been, there's no way I'm sleeping with you and I  don't want to.


Might as well stay with the type of dogs I like atleast I'll have sex with someone I'm attracted to rather than some guy I don't like. At least I got free drinks and a pretty nice buzz off of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment